Version 0.1 (December 2021)
The Dodl website and app is licenced by AJ Bell Business Solutions Limited (company number 03091664), AJ Bell Management Limited (company number 03948391) and AJ Bell Securities Limited (company number 02723420), who are all part of the AJ Bell group. AJ Bell Management Limited and AJ Bell Securities Limited are both authorised and regulated by the FCA with registration numbers 211468 and 155593.
When we refer to Dodl, we, us or our in these Terms, we mean one or more of these companies.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03948391 and have our registered office at 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the Dodl website or download and use the app.
If you open a Dodl account with us, you will also be bound by the Dodl terms and conditions (available at dodl.co.uk).
Changes to these Terms
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time by amending this page, so we ask that you visit this page occasionally to check for any changes that may affect how you interact with us online. If we make any changes to these Terms and you subsequently continue to use the Dodl website or app, we accept this to mean that you are happy with the changes to the Terms and you will be bound by them.
Use of the Dodl website and the app
We grant you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable licence to use the Dodl website and app (including future upgrades provided by us, unless we specify otherwise) subject to the following conditions:
- you may only use the app on a device that you own or control and as permitted by the rules governing the use of your device and any applicable terms and conditions that apply when you downloaded the app from the app store to your device;
- you may only use the Dodl website and app, including the content provided via the Dodl website and app, to access the services we provide to you for your personal, private, non-commercial use, and for no other reason;
- the licence we provide is personal to you and you must not assign, sub-licence or grant any rights of use or other rights in respect of the Dodl website or app to any other person;
- you must not distribute or make the Dodl website or app available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices at the same time;
- you must not publish, distribute, reproduce or make public any information derived from the Dodl website or app, except for your own personal, private, non-commercial use;
- you must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the whole or any part of app;
- you must not use the Dodl website or app in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise the Dodl website or app (or the systems or security used to support the Dodl website or app) or interfere with other users of the Dodl website or app;
- you must not post any content on the Dodl website or app which is harassing, threatening, defamatory, offensive, untrue, in breach of another person’s rights (including their intellectual property rights) or in breach of any applicable laws, regulations or market conventions.
The Dodl website and app is designed for use in the UK only. If you use the website outside the UK, you do so at your own risk and you alone shall be responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations.
We reserve the right at any time without notice to change, suspend or withdraw all or any part of the Dodl website or app or to require you to download a new version of the app and enter into new terms in relation to its use. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain services provided via the app, in any case and without notice or liability to you.
Content on the Dodl website and app
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Dodl website and app, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees (express or implied) that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
The information on the Dodl website and app is for general information only and is not intended to be advice to you. If you are unsure about any content, we strongly suggest that you take independent financial advice or other appropriate professional advice if you intend to make an investment decision based on it.
Where the Dodl website or app contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and take no responsibility for the information contained in them or for their accuracy.
The app enables access to our and third party services and websites (Web Services). Use of certain Web Services requires you to accept additional terms. Certain Web Services may display, include or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (Third Party Materials) or provide links to certain third party web sites.
By using the Web Services, you acknowledge and agree that neither we nor our agents shall be responsible for examining or evaluating the content, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or websites. Neither we nor our agents warrant or endorse and do not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any third-party services, Third Party Materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party Materials and links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience to you.
Nothing on the Dodl website or app is intended to constitute financial, investment, tax or professional advice.
Dodl does not provide financial or investment advice and no content or information on the Dodl website or app or accessible via the Dodl website or app (whether provided by us or a third party) is intended to, nor does it constitute, financial, investment, tax or professional advice. You should contact a financial adviser if you need financial, investment, tax or professional advice.
Viruses, errors or omissions
We make no representations, warranties or guarantees (express or implied) that the Dodl website and app will be secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors or omissions.
We recommend that you use your own virus protection software when using the Dodl website and app.
Availability of Dodl website and app
We provide the Dodl website and the app with reasonable skill and care but otherwise we do not provide any representations, warranties or guarantees (express or implied) (i) as to the availability of the Dodl website, the app or any information provided via the Dodl Website and the app; or (ii) that your use of the Dodl website or the app will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected.
There may be times when the Dodl website or app may not be available, for example if we are carrying out scheduled maintenance or internet traffic is heavy.
Intellectual property rights
All ownership, title, rights and any intellectual property in the Dodl website and app remains with us (or such third party from whom we license any intellectual property rights).
The copyright in the information, content, material and data displayed on the Dodl website and app belongs to us or the relevant third party, with all rights reserved.
If we consider that you have breached these Terms, we may suspend or terminate your access to the Dodl website and/or the app immediately on notice.
The licence granted by these Terms is effective until terminated by you or us or upon the withdrawal of the current app. Your rights granted by these app Terms will terminate automatically without notice if you fail to comply with any term(s) of the app Agreement. Upon termination of the licence, you must stop using the app and destroy all copies (full or partial) of it.
Misuse of the Dodl website or app
You must not misuse the Dodl website or app by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Dodl website or app, the server on which the website or app is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the website or app.
Attacking the website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack constitutes a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In such circumstances, your right to use the website and app will cease immediately.
Nothing in these Terms will exclude or limit our legal responsibility to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or for anything that we cannot legally exclude or limit.
We exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations, warranties or guarantees (express or implied) with respect to the Dodl Website and app.
We will only be legally responsible to you under these Terms for any Loss if and to the extent that it is caused by our negligence, fraud or wilful default.
We will not be responsible to you for any Loss arising under or in connection with:
- your use of the Dodl website or app in breach of these Terms;
- use of, or inability to use, the Dodl website or app;
- the availability or your use of, or reliance on the content displayed on the Dodl website or app;
- any defects, viruses, denial of service attacks and any other malfunctions caused to any equipment and other software in connection with access or use of the Dodl website or app;
- your use of any links to other website or the download or use of any software made available on the Dodl website or app;
- unauthorised use of a password or your other security data; or
- any unavailability of the Dodl website or app to you due to any event not reasonably within our control, including (without limitation) (i) any breakdown, failure or malfunction of any networks or systems, equipment or software used by to provide the Dodl Website or app, or (ii) dropped, interrupted or unavailable communications or mobile network coverage.
You agree to compensate us in relation to any Loss incurred by us arising out of your use of the Dodl website or app, which is not in accordance with the App Agreement or is otherwise not in accordance with any applicable laws or regulations.
In this section, Loss means all losses (including without limitation) loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of opportunity, loss of anticipated savings, wasted expense, liabilities, costs, payments, claims, actions, damages and expenses (whether direct or indirect) and in all cases regardless of whether or not such loss was foreseeable or arises from circumstances particular to you which you had advised us of.
These Terms are governed and construed in accordance with English law. You and us each submit to exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, except that if you are resident in Scotland or Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland or Northern Ireland, as applicable.
If any of the individual terms included in these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid in whole or in part, the validity of the other terms and the remainder of the individual term in question shall not be affected by such invalidity.
Dodl by AJ Bell is provided by AJ Bell Management Limited (company number 03948391), AJ Bell Securities Limited (company number 02723420) and AJ Bell Asset Management Limited (company number 09742568), all of which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All companies are registered in England and Wales at 4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, Manchester M5 3EE.